Thursday 28 September 2017

My Passion Project Reflection



What is a passion project?

So a passion project is something you love doing so let's break it down passion then project. What does passion mean? A passion is something you love doing maybe something you have always wanted to do but just never got the chance. Now, what is a project? A project is something you are working on an individual or collaborative enterprise that is carefully planned to achieve a particular aim.
  

So For those that don’t know what I am doing for passion project I was to design and make a dress using a sewing machine. So mum rang up a lady called Judy flower from sew smart she owns a business and teaches kids and adults how to sew. mum said that I was to make a dress and Judy said that it takes a few years to actually learn how to make a proper dress so she said that it would be better to start off making a skirt so I agreed. 

So I started taking sewing classes with Judy at sew smart and I kind of had for the first session to make a bunny and a pin cushion just to like learn about the sewing machine and how it works and it seems to be pretty easy now. The next session I was able to start and finish the skirt and I was very pleased so I have continued to take sewing classes it’s so much fun. Mum and dad might be getting me a sewing machine for my birthday.


Find something you love doing and then do it. 

1 comment:

  1. I was very impressed with your skirt Amayah - I was very lucky that my nana and mum were both sewers so they tried to teach me. Unfortunately I am not that gifted in that area - I still have room for improvement!!!! I hope you keep creating and making.

    ReplyDelete